Located steps from Downtown Naperville and the Naperville Riverwalk, Naper Settlement’s 13-acre outdoor museum campus is full of lush gardens and beautiful architecture. Say “I do” in the timeless Century Memorial Chapel and host your reception just outside the beautiful Martin Mitchell Mansion.
Century Memorial Chapel Wedding Ceremony
Built in 1864, the charm and elegance of Century Memorial Chapel comes through in its original stained glass windows and decorative hand stenciling. The curved buttresses, carved pews and globe lighting highlight the Gothic Revival style of architecture. This historic wedding venue near downtown Naperville, Illinois was moved in 1970 from Jefferson and Ellsworth Streets in Naperville to its present site as the cornerstone of Naper Settlement, a history museum.
With seating for up to 175 guests, our nondenominational chapel is the perfect setting for your wedding ceremony. Come make some memories in one of Chicagoland’s only historic wedding chapels!
Take a virtual tour of Century Memorial Chapel and Naper Settlement's buildings and grounds.
Facilities Amenities and Services
- 3,500 sq. ft. in upper-level with seating for 175
- 2,268 sq. ft. in lower-level with seating for 90 or 110 standing
- Historic Ambiance
- Beautiful landscaping
- Conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Naperville near I-88 and I-355 tollways (near Aurora, Bolingbrook, Downers Grove, Lisle, Warrenville, Wheaton)
- Free parking
- A/V Equipment available upon request
- Fully accessible with wheelchair lift to lower level
- Two hours for service and use of Century Memorial Chapel
- One hour for rehearsal
- Spacious carpeted bride’s dressing room with full-length mirror and sofa
- Naper Settlement rental attendant to assist with the finishing touches to ensure that the day goes off without a hitch!
Outdoor Wedding Reception
Surrounded by beautiful landscaping and the historic Martin Mitchell Mansion, an outdoor reception on our 13-acre grounds will wow you and your guests on your big day. The natural elements of the museum campus will serve as a part of your décor in this gorgeous outdoor setting.
An outside vendor must supply tents, tables, chairs, restrooms, and generators at an additional cost. Please contact us at 630.420.6010 for more information. Please click here for a list of our approved caterers.
For wedding availability and consultations, please call our main office at 630.420.6010 on Tuesday through Friday, between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need help planning?
The Naperville Convention and Visitors Bureau (Visit Naperville) offers complimentary wedding planning services including venue selection, site tours, event coordination, visitor guides, goodie bags and so much more! For more information visit: https://www.visitnaperville.com/img/WeddingFlyer.pdf.