Harvard Early Learning Playscape Guidelines
Nestled in a replica of a wooden fort, the Harvard Early Learning Playscape is designed for children ages 2 through 7 to explore the outdoors in a setting created just for them. The Playscape playground and splash pad provide opportunities for early childhood physical, imaginative and social development while promoting increased connections to the natural environment, local history and community engagement.
The early childhood field emphasizes the value of nature to support a young child's curiosity, discovery, and sense of wonder, thereby promoting their growth in all developmental domains.
Times are 90-minute reserved times.
Tuesday – Saturdays on Available Dates
Admission & Hours:
Access to the Playscape is included in your general museum admission and is open April 1 through October 31.
Please Note: The water features in the Splash Pad are turned on between May 15 and September 30 on days that the temperature is above 70 degrees. Water will be shut off during lightning, heavy storms, tornadoes, and for repairs as needed.
The following guidelines are in addition to all other Naper Settlement safety requirements and rules posted.
- A reservation ticket is required to enter the Playscape to ensure a maximum capacity of 50 visitors per 90 minute time slot. Reservation tickets are offered (availability permitting) at guest services inside the Pre-Emption House Visitor Center.
- All visitors must have a ticket to enter the Playscape. Tickets are timed and visitors are only permitted to enter during their reserved time slot.
- Practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet (about 2 arms lengths) from other people.
- Face masks are required at all times in the Playscape area and not participating in water activities, and when a minimum 6 foot distance cannot be maintained from others.
- Please be vigilant in preventing the spread of germs by practicing good hygiene. If you or any member of your family become ill, please stay home and do not participate in Naper Settlement programs or visit our campus until you are well.
- Hand washing or hand sanitizing is recommended before and after visiting the Playscape.
In the event that these and other applicable rules are not followed, Naper Settlement may CLOSE the Playscape.
Assumption of Risk
Please be aware that by using this facility, you are expressly assuming the risk and legal liability and waiving and releasing all claims for injuries, damage or loss which you or your minor child/ward might sustain as a result of use of the Naper Settlement grounds in any and all activities connected with and associated with this facility (including exposure to communicable diseases).