Click to Home
Home Employment Contact Us

Go To Search

Daniels House
Overview
Dr. Hamilton C. Daniels' house, originally located at 538 South Washington Street, was added to the Settlement in 1974. Built in 1852, the house serves as a fine example of Greek Revival architecture.

Hamilton C. Daniels
Daniels, an early Naperville settler, attended Rush Medical College and graduated in 1856. He maintained an office in this home but also operated a combination pharmacy and paint store in town. He created his own patent medicines, which were so popular that after his death in 1897, the doctor's sons published a book of recipes for continued use by Daniels' patients.

Relocation
Volunteers invested hundreds of hours of labor in the restoration of the Daniels House, which currently is not open to the public. The house serves as the workshop for the Naperville Heritage Society's Weed Ladies, who create beautiful dried and silk floral arrangements that are sold during their annual sales.
   
Daniel's House    Daniels House

Next: Halfway House

Find us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterYouTubeRSSFlickr
Contact UsPrint
Email Page