Mostly Sunny, 77°F
Horse Market Days
The Plank Road
Paw Paw Post Office
Antiques Show Plow
Naper Haight House
Rita (Fredenhagen) and John Harvard Playscape
Halfway House and Farm Cellar
Century Memorial Chapel
Martin Mitchell Mansion
Plan Your Visit
Tour the Buildings
Church Bell - 19th Century
The Bell communicated important news to Naperville citizens.
This bell rang in the steeple of the Baptist Church in Naperville, calling worshippers to Sunday services. The City of Naperville purchased the bell and installed it on top of the downtown Reuss Building. The bell was later moved to the community’s first firehouse on Jefferson Avenue, where it signaled emergencies and warned young people of the town’s 9 p.m. curfew.
This historic bell from Naperville’s Baptist Church was cast in 1846 by the Mcneely Bell Foundry of West Troy, New York. It was moved to Naper Settlement in 1979.
523 S. Webster St., Naperville, IL 60540 • 630.420.6010 • Fax: 630.305.4044
Powered by CivicPlus
Administered by the Naperville Heritage Society
Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums